Financially impacted by COVID-19? We are here to help.
To assist members dealing with financial hardships due to COVID-19, Georgia United will automatically advance the due date for eligible loan* products if you are unable to make your payment by the due date. Loan payments may be postponed for up to three months** with no fees.
If you prefer to make your regularly scheduled payment, you are welcome to do so. Making the payment as scheduled will avoid any changes to total interest paid or the final loan maturity date.
What do I need to do?
To take advantage of this offer, there is no need to submit a Skip-A-Pay request. If your payment is not received within 10 days following your due date, we will automatically advance the due date on eligible loans*. Please be sure to cancel any automatic, scheduled payments during this time. To cancel payments from another financial institution, please contact the financial institution directly. You can cancel your Georgia United payment the following ways:
- Log into Online Banking. Select the ‘Transfers and Payments’ menu and click ‘Online Activity’. Click the ‘Recurring Transactions’ tab and next to your scheduled transaction, select ⋮ to edit or cancel your scheduled payment.
- Call the Member Care Center at 888.493.4328 or complete the loan relief request form.
By skipping your loan payment, your loan will be automatically deferred and you agree to the following:
- Interest and finance charges will continue to accrue.
- Deferring your payment will extend the term of your loan(s), and at the end of the loan(s), a higher total finance charge will be paid than if payments had been made as originally scheduled.
- If you elected GAP coverage on your loan, coverage may not be extended beyond the original maturity date.
- It is your responsibility to cancel any scheduled payments.
- It is your responsibility to turn back on recurring payments once your payment due date resumes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following loan products are eligible: personal loans, vehicle loans (excluding CURE Auto Loans), other secured loans (RVs, ATVs, boats), and small business auto loans that are open and current as of February 29, 2020.
Please note that while credit cards are eligible for our usual Skip-A-Pay program, they are not eligible for automatic deferment and will need to be requested.
Yes, credit cards are eligible to be skipped; however, they will need to requested through Online Banking or by completing the loan relief request form.
You may complete up to three monthly skips during the 2020 calendar year; including those requested prior to the pandemic. Regardless of your payment frequency, one skip will be equivalent to one month of payments for all loan payment frequencies.
Log in to Online Banking to view your updated due date, which is visible on the account tile of the Home screen. Keep in mind that your due date will be updated 10 days after your initial due date.
If you do not see that your payment date has been updated, please contact us at 888.493.4328.
*To be eligible, your account must be in good standing with a $5 minimum balance and not in bankruptcy status. Offer valid for the following loan products: personal loans, vehicle loans (excluding CURE Auto Loans), other secured loans (RVs, ATVs, boats), and small business auto loans that are open and current as of February 29, 2020. All Credit Union programs are subject to change at any time without notice.
**You may complete up to three monthly skips during the 2020 calendar year; including those requested prior to the pandemic. Regardless of your payment frequency, one skip will be equivalent to one month of payments for all loan payment frequencies.